Monday 8 January 2007

Work

Work was really good! (Thanks Alicia for asking in 'comments'). The people who work there are nice and friendly and I got to meet most of them today because it's a small place (didn't see Rob though, Alicia). Although OH & S training is boring... Had to sit through 4 videos. Got a whole day of it (the green card) on Wed. Learning about safety on construction sites. But I don't have any construction-site experience so it'll be kinda informative.

It will take me a while to get used to 8.5 hour days I think. Will be pretty tired for a while. But, yay, got through the first day!! Hope work wasn't too painful for you Pun. Old people aren't so bad.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

I haven't got a green card, but I start site visits next week. Apparently I don't need a green card if I'm being accompanied (or rather accompanying).

It's gonna be stuff like "oh, look, some scaffolding, watch out for falling objects" and what does this sign

----Danger----
Confined Spaces

mean :D (Well, that's one of the questions Ajenta got anyhow :P). haha

Minerva said...

Alex: you wouldn't say that if you worked in health. lol.

Glad the first day was good for you Alex (Hi Alan!). Orientation does get a tad boring and my back's sore from sitting straight in a chair for 8 hours, but hey it's a week of paid bludging ;)

How's settling into home going? Everything still a mess?

Grace said...

hi^^alex^
i'm so happy that your new work is going well. i was a little worry about that, because you were a little afraid about it last week.
hope that you would get used to work quick and enjoy working ..
see you tomorrow!!^^