Tuesday 2 January 2007

Happy New Year!

Alan's off to work again this morning... so that is why I'm up early posting on this blog. Hope you all had great new years celebrations! We were going to go into the city to see the fireworks, but were then put off by the imminent rain... but then it never came!! We also figured that it would be too much of a battle to get home on the train. However, we did see local fireworks from someone's backyard a few houses up, which was pretty cool! They would have let off about 20 of them, and they were big and pretty! We could also see the fireworks from the city that went up high enough (the big chandelier looking ones) from our balcony.

I'm starting work next Monday (same as Pun and others), so that's exciting but also scary!! Never been in a proper job before, only worked in an ice-creamery and patisserie... Any tips any one who's had a taste of professional work??

Anyway, my stomach is starting to rumble so I might go and get some brekky. :)

7 comments:

Grace said...

alex and alan!!^^
happy new year. hope you would make
the best of 2007 !!haha^^
i will come again soon!!!

Minerva said...

All the best for the New Year you guys!

I'm very apprehensive about starting work, BUT, tis inevitable. :)
Maybe I should harass Karen this week...?

Alex said...

Thank you guys! Only 4 more days 'till I work FOREVER!!! Noooooooooo!!! Those of you still in uni, enjoy all of your holidays! 4 weeks a year just stinks. :(

Alicia said...

You're working at Douglas Partners right? If you meet Rob, a civil engineer from Sydney Uni (blonde, talks slowly) say hi from me!

Macca said...

Happy New Year!!

Alexdogg!
I never thought I'd see the day you'd be addicted to blogs.

Good luck at work, but I could have just called you and said that.

-Maccdogg

Catie said...

happy new year!
I can't believe so many people are doing 'real' work now! Scary... But it's kinda exciting, right? Good luck, I'm sure it'll be great

Alicia said...

How was/is work day #1?